Our services focus on providing optimised pit slope design solutions (maximise ore recovery & minimise excavation costs) through:
- Understanding the mining method and operational constraints.
- Rigorous understanding of site geology and hydrogeology.
- Ground characterisation through statistical means.
- Identification and stability analysis of structural, mass and complex slope failure modes.
- Kinematic and limit equilibrium analysis using deterministic and probabilistic data inputs. Finite element analysis to identify & assess complex failure modes.
- Groundwater models, assessment & control for slope stability.
- Catchment hydrology and surface water management.
- Design of reinforcement or artificial support.
- Design of monitoring programs for groundwater and excavation performance, and slope deformation (long-term & real-time monitoring with alarms and response plans).
- Risk analysis and development of risk management strategies
- Blastability and diggability assessments.
- Investigation and remedial solutions for failed or failing slopes.
- Underground void interaction – evaluation & risk management.
Back to Services.